About the Chemical Industry
The chemical industry has to strive in an environment of frequent regulatory changes, constant consolidation while having to innovate by transforming processes and delivering sustainable growth and performance. This constant transformation is driven by digital manufacturing, supply chain, product and process innovation, real-time price and margin management, and health and safety management.
- Priorities and Challenges
- Margin pressure presented by limited growth opportunities and increasing competition from emerging countries and heterogeneous product portfolio.
- Increased regulation and legislation environment.
- Pressure for environmental and safe operational stewardship
- Exposure to volatile and commoditized raw material price
- Complex supply chain, geopolitical regulations and risk exposure